introduction and info

This forum is for non members to ask questions to the ATDC Members. Members should use the private forums for any and all Member to Member conversations.
kamyosofor

introduction and info

Post by kamyosofor » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi everyone I am a very old new boy from Bedfordshire just aquired a '35 12/4 Ascot, last Austin I had and still wish I had 1961 Austin Westminster which my father bought then gave to me at the ripe old age of 18 but with the concoction of booze women and icy road hit a bridge with it but it was repaired but alas I wrecked the g/box .I have had various cars over the years ranging from 1972 Datsun 240z Samuri Lotus's, Midas Gold kit cars Merlin kit car Mazda rx8 r3 had 4 rx8's got the rotary bug whist a Vauxhall test driver in the '70s at Millbrook when the Wankel engine licence was up for grabs we were running a NSU ro80 and a Vauxhall HBR Viva with the wankel engins screwed in it on the Bowl 112mph 12mpg + 1 gallon oil every fuel fill it was run flat out 10hrs a shift x 3 shifts only failures were exhausts , now I have Chrysler 300c 5.7 hemi Chrysler 300c 3.0 crd Dodge Nitro 2.8 crd atb Mel.

peter_winney

Re: introduction and info

Post by peter_winney » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:22 pm

Hi - '36 Lt12/4 Ascot VG choice. Unlike the '61 Westminster its limits are reached at low speeds (especially uphill).

In my brother's last year at school he and his best mate were the only ones NOT to write off a car in a smash. At least one of these cars was a then new '61 Westminster and another was a Super Snipe.

The present generation are better at multi-tasking - texting while driving, taking drugs etc - but have lost the art of driving on ice and snow.
Member since July 1972